Thursday, December 11, 2008

Spreading the word of the Knit

I've been sick since the beginning of November. Some kind of viral flu or something, doesn't matter. What matters on the other hand, is that I've been spending a lot of time waiting at the doctor's office, the lab and so on. Lot of knitting has gotten done during all that sitting around waiting. My doctor's been fascinated about my knitting and today I managed to egg her into to starting knitting as well.

Last night we were sitting as a group at a bar after a professional community meeting, having some drinks and talking about everything and anything that came to mind, me knitting away on my rinsessa hat when all of a sudden my little sister remarks that she might have to start knitting, because it looks like so much fun. This is a person who has never knit except for the mandatory stuff at grammar school. NEver even cared much for arts and crafts. I was so shocked I even dropped a couple of stitches.

If there's hope even for my little sister, there is clear indication that one day, the world will be run by knitters. And what a wonderful day that will be.

No comments: