Monday, October 6, 2008

F.O. Mania - Lovikkaat

Lovikkaat or lapin lapaset in finnish (lapland mittens in english) are something that I've loved since I was a little girl. So soft and thick and warm as to keep one warm in the dead of winter.



Pattern: Lovikka-lapaset (Ravelry)
Source: Novita Fall 2007
Materials: Novita Huopanen
Amount: 2 balls
Needles: 7.0 double-pointed needles
Finished Dimensions: women's size

Started: February 2008
Finished: October 2008

I got a little bit carried away with these. :D I finished the first pair and then I just couldn't stop and cast on for the second pair. They knit up really quickly, the pattern was incredibly easy to commit to memory and there you go, instant gratification. I'm really bad at finishing things, which of course led to these taking such a long time to be finished. The actual time spent working on them was more like 20 hours or so. Fun to knit, although my row gauge was a bit off, so they ended up a little long for my hands.

No comments: