Tuesday, November 4, 2008

F.O. Mania - Blue Poncho



Pattern: Improvised
Materials: Wendy Fusion
Amount: 4 balls
Needles: My 6.0 mm Denises.
Finished Dimensions: It's a poncho, one size fits all.

Started: 30.06.2008
Finished: 10.08.2008



I bought the yarn for this to make something to wear at a friend's wedding. I didn't manage to even start it on time, but I did get something very pretty out of it. I used my Denise circulars for the job, that way I was able to start out with a 16" cable, to get the neck right and as it started to get annoying touse such a short cable I was able to lengthen the cable on the fly. I really can't say enough good things about my Denises, I love them to pieces (pun intended).

The yarn is exquisite. It's incredibly soft and fluffy, the colours are beautiful in their own right and it was - mostly - a joy to knit. Unfortunately all four balls had knots in them! Sometimes the knots were there to change one colour to another, which I didn't like at all. On the other hand, I've just started envisioning a sweater and I picked up another colour of the yarn to play around with while designing the sweater, so it would seem that the other qualities of the yarn more than make up for the knots.

This thing is really warm, maybe a bit more warm than I intended, but it's wool (for the most part that is) and it doesn't really make me sweaty. Just warm and toasty. Just a little bit too much now and then.

All in all an excellent knit.

No comments: