Sunday, October 5, 2008

F.O. Mania - Noro Scarf

I just had to. Everybody else was doing it, so why shouldn't I?


Pattern: Noro Striped Scarf (Ravelry)
Source: Brooklyn Tweed
Materials: Noro Silk Garden, colourways 241, 8 and 2 x 47.
Amount: 4 balls in all.
Needles: 4.0 mm straights.
Finished Dimensions: 210 x 18 cm

Started: July 2008
Finished: September 2008

This didn't turn out quite as exciting as I hoped and the hubby was in dire need of a proper scarf so instead of a scarf for myself, it became a scarf for the better half. This, if anything was a instant gratification project. It was easy and fast to knit (I think mindless is the word I'm looking for here) and the stripes made by the yarn made it really fun, loads more than I expected. I'm still a littledisappointed with my choice of colourways, I think at parts they turned out a little more boring than I was expecting. But on the other hand, it didn't turn out too exciting so that the hubby wouldn't wear it, so all's well that ends well.

No comments: