Sunday, November 9, 2008

F.O. Mania - Blue Flame hat

With this posting I am finally up to date with my finished objects, therefore no more F.O. Mania.



Pattern: One For All Cap (Ravelry)
Source: KnitLob's Lair - Louhittaren Luola
Materials: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in black, light blue and petrol
Amount: 2 balls; one whole of the black and roughly half a ball each of the colours.
Needles: 3.0 mm double-pointed needles
Finished Dimensions: 57 cm circumference

Started: 16.102008
Finished: 25.10.2008



I'm not very practised with colourworks and to me at least it showed bright as day during the making of this hat. I thought about ripping this back quite a few times, but I always made the DH try it on before I di that and it always fit and looked presentable, with the problems barely visible even to myself. Still all in all, I wasn't very happy with this thing. The pattern was clear and precise, seemed quite natural to be perfectly honest. The yarn was the always delectable Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, which I have no problems with whatsoever, quite the opposite in fact.

The negativeness of the whole thing basically comes down to my own knitting abilities to be frank. They stink when it comes to colourwork. I'm making great progress with regard to the evennes of my knitting, the cables are starting to look pretty good, even if I do say so myself. Mostly I'm meeting the size and fit I intend in my projects, but the colourwork sucks. The yarns I carried across the back made the front bunch up and the smaller sets of colour shrunk etc. I hated it. Which just means I need to practise more. :(

No comments: