Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Fear

You read about this, but you never believe it's going to happen to you. You lead your life without a care for what could happen. People warn you, it might well happen to you, if you're not carefull. And you still think, it could never happen to you. That is until it does happen to you, and The Fear of No Wool grips you hard.

I've been knitting like there's no tomorrow lately and it's inevitable that this should happen. I'm knitting my hubby's brother's youngest a hoodie for christmas. It's going to be a pretty hoodie, but I had to go and substitute the yarn. I hate knitting with cotton, so I exchanged the Sandnes Mandarin Petit the pattern called for to Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I've been happy with the change so far, a little bit too happy, to be honest. I love the Cashmerino line and knit with it whenever opportunity presents itself. Usually I'm so careful about these things, but this time when I bought the yarn, I forgot to calculate yardage. Come on, it's baby-weight, both come in 50 g balls and - like always - I'm going to get an extra ball anyway, it's not like it's going to end the world as we know it if I use up the extra ball, or some of it. But the yardage is off. Off by 20 yards/ball WITH the extra ball included! I just hope the yarn shop has more of the same dye lot.

On another note I seem to have come down with something very yarn-harlotey; overstashing. Or rather, I seem to be fearing that the world will run out of wool. I've made multiple purchases of yarn, not for any particular project, but just because it seems right. AND I'm planning to make more yarn purchases. I may have to be restrained, or my credit card taken away, if this continues.

No comments: