Sunday, November 30, 2008

Getting out of hand

One of the finest qualities in a mate from a knitters standpoint is absolutely an appreciation for hand-knit goods. Mine does, ergo he needs to get at least something woolly for Christmas, even if it's unfinished. I'm still working on the Bob Dobbs vest for last year, but I've begun another for this year. A cardi with blue Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed. In my defense, I did finish the actual knitting last year in time for christmas, but the double stiching is killing me. It's incredibly boring, long-winded work. I sort of wish I had punished myself by making it intarsia, but it was my first big piece and I wasn't a Knitter (as the Harlot calls fearless knitters) back then.

Besides deciding to do a "little" last minute holiday knitting, I also signed up to testknit a pattern by January 15th. With the Hey Teach! on the needles as well, I'm thinking that after January I'm finally going to knit the Garter Stitch Blanket by EZ that's been in my queue for AGES.

Although, I might need some instant gratification for a change, in which case I'm absolutely knitting something with Dream in Color Starry, a soft merino yarn infused with real silver. Don't you just see it turning into gorgeus gloves, a stunning scarf or a helluva hat?

Oh well... Before the end of January it's strictly sweaters for me.

No comments: