Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Deal

The Darling Man (DM) has been making a lot of game purchases lately and I have been making a lot of yarn and other knitting related purchases lately. It's not like it's a problem, but we do have a wedding coming up and it would be a good idea to make more of an effort to save up for it. So we made a deal. Tommi will not buy any games for himself until he has played through half of the games he has bought lately and I will not buy any yarn untill I have knit through my WIP queue on ravelry + the Relm hat that I've been coveting for a while now and did actually buy the yarn for on my saturday trip to Priima. Both of us get one veto purchase, but if only one of us uses it, the other gets bragging rights.

We're both pretty happy with the deal. It's not like we're running out of room for either or anything, we just think it better that we "force ourselves" to take the time to enjoy the things we've got now. All the better to start after this self imposed fast.

In other news; christmas is starting to look dangerously close now. I've finished all the pieces for the baby jumper going as christmas present to Tommis brothers eldest, I just need to wash and block them and attach the sleeves and it's done. The torso and hood part are complete with all the ends sewn in and the hood secured and finished. At the moment the sleeves seem like a daunting task so I find myself putting off the blocking, cause that way I'm not scared of the sleeves. How stupid is that?

Tommi's cardi is not in such great shape. The body is worked up all the way up to the armholes, I've gotten one sleeve up to the elbow during today and I got the zipper today, but I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell this thing will be ready for christmas. Maybe for new year's. It's going to be good though, when I finish it. I'm already loving it.

No comments: