Wednesday, December 15, 2010

FO: Vine Lace Cardi



Pattern: #77 Vine Lace Top Down Cardigan (Ravelry)
Materials: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky
Amount: 7.75 skeins (roughly 970 yards)
Needles: 9.0 mm

Started: 8.7.2009
Finished: 16.1.2010



Modifications: Left out the pockets from the bottom and instead continued the lace panels. Also continued the ribbing in the sleeves for longer than instructed.



This turned out a little too big for me. Damn my loose style. If I lose weight, I might well reknit this. Currently it is just small enough that I can wear it just fine. I really loved the pattern and the finished product is incredibly smooshy and comforting. The yarn - not surprisingly - sheds a whole lot while knitting, while wearing and while washing. The cardigan however is so warm that I might be able to just wear this outside even in the dead of winter, which is a wonderful thing.

No comments: