Wednesday, December 15, 2010

FO: Panache



Pattern: Pretty Thing (Ravelry)
Materials: Novita Isoveli
Amount: 5.5 skeins (roughly 780 yards)
Needles: 6.0 mm

Started: 16.12.2009
Finished: 7.1.2010



Just before Christmas last year my lovely hubby, Tommi, notified me that we were invited to the 90th birthday party of his grandmother on the 8th of January. Still riding the high of the very pretty thing I told him I'd knit her a shawl for a present since those do always seem to go down well.

I did manage to finish on time, mostly because of the modifications mentioned below. As I remember it, the pattern was great and the whole thing seemed to build up very quickly. This project started for me a real appreciation of shawls and resulted in me having a few different shawls on the needles even right now.

Modifications: In the interest of finishing on time I finished on row 108 instead of 131. I also added yo, k1 instead of the crocheted edging.

No comments: