Monday, January 24, 2011

F.O. Arch-shaped Harry Potter



Pattern: Arch-shaped Socks (Ravelry)
Materials: Zwerger Garn Opal Harry Potter in Harry and Ron
Amount: 1 skein
Needles: 2.0 mm

Started: 20.12.2009
Finished: 24.09.2010

This pattern is very delightful. It produces a sock that fits like a glove and provides support where support is needed.

The yarn is... I don't know what to say. I love the theory of self-striping yarns, but the practice has proven problematic. They can't really be used to any sort of satisfactory results on anything except stockinette and not being a big sock knitter I find it a little boring to knit the endless yards of stockinette in fingering size yarn. Which is weird, because I don't mind so much doing the same on aran size yarn. The yarn itself is nice, pretty much what one would expect from a sock yarn.

I've been wearing these a lot and they've held up quite well under the abuse.

No comments: